existentialism and you (domingo, 15 de junio de 2008),
Y'know, I think I suffer from existential anxiety. Suffered. I quite clearly remember being kinda hung up about the whole How Do You Know We Have A Soul? thing when I was younger. But then I think I just kinda... repressed it. And tried to distract myself with other things. And eventually religious faith just kinda grew over the mess. Which on hindsight is pretty unstable. It's like... I'm avoiding the whole topic because I'm afraid that if I get into it, I really won't find any proof. Though that's what faith is all about, isn't it? Knowing something even without logical proof.
Are you wondering right now what made me bring up all the bad memories? The lyrics of 'I Will Follow You Into The Dark', that's what! Lookee:
No blinding light
Or tunnels to gates of white
Just our hands clasped so tight
Waiting for a hint of a spark
AWWWWW. See, that's the verse that actually managed to motivate me into memorising the whole damn song. And then writing a fanfic on it. Damnnnnnnn, I know.
Would you like to hear my thoughts on free will? Too bad, you're already here. No take backs!
I think that we
do have free will. It's just, God knows us so well that he based his overall Plan on his predictions of how we'd react to stuff. And he sets it out in a certain way so that everything that happens is the
least bad thing that
can happen.
E.g. losing my grandma back in '99 and gaining a heart while young and impressionable is better than growing up a beyotch and not caring about her death 9 years later. And believe me, I would've become one heckuva meanie! Even more mean than I am now (which is
really saying something).
...I loathe myself. (I keed, I keed! Kinda)
Take care and stay tuned for the next exciting episode of Chia Lynn's life-ponderings!
domingo, junio 15, 2008