egon schiele (domingo, 1 de marzo de 2009),
I have waffled about, in my seventeen years of life, with no real favourite artist. I mean, sure, I quite admire M C Escher and Mike Mignola and Tim Sale, but not enough to rave about them and proclaim them a favourite. So I am pleased to announce that I now have an official favourite artist! Yay!
Egon Schiele was an Austrian Expressionist painter in the early 20th century. His nudes = phenomenal. All angular and strange and
distorted, like that strange abstract sculpture I took a liking to when I was a titchy little kid, the one with a man torn up and holding himself like a doorway in a desolate background (darn it, what was it?). Here's one of his many self-portraits:

Beautiful, I know. I spent the evening looking him up. And assimilating him (i.e. trying out his style in my hugeass sketchbook). And writing him an entry into my IB sketchbook. I haven't gotten this worked up in, well, ever. EVER!!!!!!!
So you might be wondering how I found out about him (humour me, it's my blog). I was puttering about the art room one day, when I spied a photocopy of a striking drawing tucked amongst figurative poop in a basket near the sinks. His name was printed someplace around the image, and you can probably guess the rest.
In other news: I was fooling around on ye olde macbook today when I realised that
I hadn't put a word count on my EE. Oh, and I think the EE proposal Ms Anna has has the
wrong question on it. And I think everything was submitted on Friday. I AM SO SCROOOOOOOOOD!!!!!! Crap crap crap crap those are demerits right there. And I was hoping for a B, too :(
But! Rejoice I shall, anyway, because the end of last week marked the end of my EE, WL2 (which I did on Neruda's Sonnet XI and Leaning Into The Afternoons) and biology IA :) Coming up: Business IA, that damned drama and my IOC.
Egads. Whatever possessed me to join the musical?!!!?! Now I have lines and actions and songs to memorise (and you know how successful
I'm going to be) and practices half the week and drama isn't even a passion for me! March 16 looms ominously nearer. :(((( Why couldn't I have been given a one-line-wonder role? Or callously spurned?
Note to Charmaine (if she still comes here): are
all your LJ posts now friendlocked? Whenever I drop by, the latest post I see is your tuao one! :(
domingo, marzo 01, 2009