image
A Very ComD Halloween (sábado, 27 de octubre de 2012),

Tonight was the ComD Halloween party! Ana, Thomas, and I worked in Imaging until 5, where we helped Puja set up the photoshoot room. I spent 3 to 4 hours duct-taping layers of pages together from 4 old books I bought from the Strand (total: $11+).

The result:


I won Most Beautiful Costume!

Someone told me later that they'd overheard Kathleen say that it was reaaally close between Most Scary and Most Beautiful, hehe.

I was speaking to Kathleen afterward. She congratulated me on winning. I joked that I might use the $300 gift card I won to buy a printer LOLOLOL and in response, she offered me her old Epson 3800 for freeeee!!!! She's going to bring it to school next week. Aaaand then I ruined everything by awkwardly not being able to keep the conversation flowin'. I'm kicking myself still.

Such a crazy, awesome night. And one sorely needed. I'm sooo burnt out from school. I feel like shit and I feel like my work is shit and I don't know what I'm doing with my life anymore. It was nice not to think about work for 5 minutes... even if I wasn't able to sit down for the duration of the party. When I tried, the pages would start flaking and tearing and the taped opening would begin to split apart, flashing mah undies to the world.

Some awesome pumpkin carvings that my friends did:
Ana, Laura, and Ben did this. That is the genuine PMS colour for pumpkin hahahaah.
I think Nick Weltyk and Ross did this one. It's my absolute favourite! They even kerned it terribly. Conceptual attention to detail!

sábado, octubre 27, 2012