image
rejoice in his good name (youthcamp 06) (sábado, 30 de diciembre de 2006),


me and hannah. doing the whole beng gangster simi dai ji! thing

Camp's over. 'Twas okay la, I'm just a little bothered we didn't have the traditional last day skits or nightwalk or prayerwalk :( Though I suppose not having to spend group sessions planning and rehearsing the skit has allowed us all to bond more :)
Camp was held at that sentosa place, near the tourism academy, the same place at which we spent youthcamp '05. Walking around there again made me remember things I'd forgotten about last youthcamp, special, albeit small things I should have remembered. Like how I used to stay next door to michelley, karen, nina, melissa cheang and mag and used to visit lots and disturb them (like the freaky juon hand thing I did to nina :). And how, everytime we showered, we'd squeak abit cos of the shockingly cold water hitting us in huge jets and almost flaying the skin off our backs/scalps. Though that one still happened this year, hahaha. I moped around camp for awhile on the first/second day cos everything I saw held memories.

I FEEL SO OLDDDD. I took a look around when I went to meet all of them so we could board the bus to sentosa, and realised at least half the campers were younger than me. And then a really depressing thought hit me; the younger ones, they don't remember the days of chevelle and her peeps (actually I don't really remember her either o_O) and that's what would happen to the rest of us! My chair's presence is already alien to lots of the young. Even candice might be forgotten! Candice and rachie and vanessa chan and jacelyn. And soon it'll be me and the rest of my batch's turn to fade from their minds, and then hannah's batch and so on and so forth. :( I am distraught.

My group was called Welders of God (ssss, sssss! 1st john 3:16!) and we almost won! But nehe got psyched out by irvin's terracotta fighting style and lost one too many rounds of scissors, paper, stone. So we got second instead :) SEE SEE IF THERE WAS SKIT WE PROBABLY WOULD HAVE WON. MY GROUP IN CHURCHCAMP WENT FROM LAST TO FIRST ALL COS OF SKIT POINTS.
Anywho, I made a new friend! Her name's liesl or something, I can't remember how to spell it! And now I'm friendly with bernice and christopher yang, and can therefore talk to them in church without as many awkward silences. :)

Lessons were enlightening. Did y'all know saying darn and fish and fudge and even fiddlesticks is still counted as swearing? Yeah, apparently, they're just camouflage words for the worst ones, and therefore we should just. stop saying anything when something gets us down. We didn't use to say anything when we were titchy little toddlers, did we?
So! I've a foolproof method to stop yourself saying anything. Whenever one of those camo words or the real cuss pops out of your mouth, slap yourself quickly on the cheek, as hard as you can. Try to do it immediately after you realise what you've said and don't think about doing it. That way, you don't sabotage your punishment by slapping softer or bracing yourself for the smack. And and andddd you'll find yourself mentally conditioned not to cuss! :) Yay. And it totally works la, I've been darn-free for at least three days! Which is a big deal for me.
We also learnt stuff on dating/marriage, and Imma try not to marry a non-christian; I don't think I'll be patient/persistent enough to wait and struggle to bring them to God. And what'll become of our kids? What if my spouse doesn't want them to be christians either? Yala, so, much easier just to find another coc christian, a god-fearing, faithful one who can support me in times of need, and whom I can support when troubled as well. :)
We had singing practice and learnt new hymns. I loveee the rejoice one.
Ohoh and shona appeared that day! :) I vandalised her with a kneeperson called neil on her right knee, a man's head called annabelle on her left palm and a face plus hair on her right big toe. Haha and she was like, it's so sad, sheldon's never going to see anything but the ground. And drew teeth on my left elbow. They expand when I bend my elbow joint. And I signed my name behind her kneecap (on top of her hamstrings)!




I find it quite pathetic I only know two verses by heart, matthew 5:16, which was churchcamp group verse, and the 'Jesus wept.' verse. I'm gonna try and have some sorta bible verse thang going on before I sleep from now on. :)

Karen and natalie came for thanksgiving for about, I don't know, half an hour? just in time for WoG closing prayer of thankfulness. Karen and I shifted eyebrows to... unnatural positions and gave each other pathetic looks (mine's better) and mirthful grins while waiting for the guys to finish. I didn't get to talk to yingxian at all :( Nevermind I'll hunt her down in july.
I met this other coc girl called grace, who looks nice and seems cool! And she seems mighty familiar... And I talked to the other coc people I knew! :) They're all pretty coolassed, man.
I stayed up till six!!!!!!!!!!!!111111one111!!!!!one-hundredandone111 I played the question game with rachie, adrian, chris yang, danny and vanessa. Rachie kept getting lost, and trying to shift the attention onto me with variants of 'Why do you have curly hair?' and I kept countering with 'Why do you always bully/ pick on me!' and 'NOW d'you know why I hate you?' Haha and all of us rose as one and bombarded her with question after question, until finally each of us went 'Are you feeling lost/small/slow, rachel?' and 'D'you need a hug?' HAHA. I LOVE THE QUESTION GAME.
And chris and I played taboo without scores or teams. And rachie joined in and started describing while the rest of us would guess the word. 'Twas hilarious, me is telling you.

chris: ouch, I tripped on a...?
me: branch?
chris: o_O Okay, I tripped on a what in Vietnam?
me: uhh... landmine?

Haha I was pretty slow that night, more than usual.

I replied letters and watched anime on kenwei's laptop and learnt how to play bridge from liesl and derek. So, yay, at least now I know how to play two card games hahahaha

I ate lunch with some of them after camp at harbourfront. Chris told us this funny story of his speech when awarded 'chief mingler' by his dorm mates. Your mother. So fat. That when she jump for joy. She get stuck! in a sterotypical chinese accent. Haha the whole thing was from russel peters, some comedian whom I've watched before on youtube but whose name eluded me.
Then hannah and I went to wait for felly and jia en at mac d's. We waited about half an hour before I got her to call shawn and ask for fiqa's number so I could ask her to give me aarti's number and ask aarti for felly's number. But fiqa never answered!!!! :( So we left after an hour of waiting.
So it turns out, jia en hadn't told felly all the details so she smsed me to confirm with me, but because I'd lost my phone on monday, I didn't get the message. :( So nevermind lor meet them in july.

Etiquetas: ,


sábado, diciembre 30, 2006