I, the president of Hongkong, declare today a public holiday. (domingo, 25 de marzo de 2007),
When I was two, and we had a fancy merc, I'd pick a stone from the porch and etch drawings and doodles into the shiny, black surface of the car. My daddy found out soon after and shouted the poop out of me. Suffice to say we never got a nice car again. EVER.
The ground floor of my old old house used to be all grey and marbley and tiley. Once I took one of my pencils and started drawing stuff on them. I still fervently hope to this day that no one has ever noticed ('specially future and present tenants!).
I used to have this little-tyke writing desk, in bold blues and reds and yellows. The desktop could be slid off and things be stored inside (my toys la). One day I purloined a marker from around the house and began doodling tall, bean-bodied things all over the desktop. I made a breakthrough in broad shoulders! I can still remember the wave of triumph that engulfed me when I realised what I had achieved. Afterwards my mother took a wet cloth and rubbed the surface of my desk vigourously so I'd 'look a little neater' and my beautiful breakthrough faded away forever.
Once as a wee little child I got really really really REALLY sick. I kept throwing up over and over and over. So my mum brought me to the old clinic near crown centre and I kept vomitting there. And I overheard one of the poor nurses muttering to another, "Da dada worse patient...da da". And inside I glowed with pride.
When I was p4 or 5, I spied a piece of paper and one of my dad's lovely fountain pens on his desk and I got an irresistable urge to leave my mark. So I wrote in big bold lettering, as neatly and professional-looking as I could, 'I, the President of Hongkong, declare today a public holiday'. Later my dad told me it was one of his bank statements.
In sec2 I painted a lovely mural on the wall outside the bookshop, one that everyone was impressed with and hingying told me some titchy little junior dude took a picture of it with his camera phone and was walking around with it as the background.
I've always known I was meant to deface public property (or at least whatever isn't mine).
In other news, I think I shall find a proper hobo can and start the Feed Chia Lynn Fund off with a bang! Does one require a permit to busk in singapore? Yes, right! :( Everything requires a permit there.
domingo, marzo 25, 2007