DALAT AND APPLE JUICE (domingo, 9 de septiembre de 2007),
Hola, I am back! The dalat trip was hella fun. And now I'm so used to dirt and gross things like you wouldn't believe.
We trekked across two STEEP JUNGLY LEECH-INFESTED hills on the first day. My waterproof canadashoes came in handy! Ms anna gave me some CAS creativity points for singing most of the way hahaha. At night we gathered around the campfire since it was FREEZING and hung out. We slept at like. TEN HAHAHAHAHA!
And on the second day we had game stations to go through. Like zipline!!!!111 My group worked really well together, I swear. Like all of us had quite a strong desire to win so there was no one hanging around and slacking off. We won overall HOHOHO. And after lunch we had to all build rafts with bamboo poles and rope and plastics cannisters. I mostly just stood around and jokingly delegated hahahah. And after we built it we had like a small length of rope left that we called our lifesaving device haha! Like instead of a floaty thing we have a piece of rope. And it became like my whip hahaha. I went around going 'wwwuh-pshhh!' and cracking it near people! Afterwards in the race we had to send four people, so hanh and jenny went first, followed by katrina and I. We joked how I'd like pose like columbus and whip her from behind while she rowed haha. WE CAPSIZED LIKE TWICE. But the second time wasn't our fault! Cheeky dennis did it. Dennis and Katrina are going to have pretty kids hahaha. I almost drowned him in rage! And I was like threatening charlotte to bop her in the face with an oar if she really came after us. I NEED TO CALM DOWN :( Afterwards we took a wash (take note, I didn't say SHOWER) outside the toilets with our first glimpse of CLEAN WATER in a long time. The toilets were really bad! Like y'all who've been to johor bahru rest stops haven't seen nothing yet.
1.These did not have OVERHEAD LIGHTING. Peeing at night was done in batches with torches shone into
holes in the doors o_O
2. WILDLIFE ADORNED THE WALLS. There was like a huge snail halfway into a grimy little bin in one of the stalls.
3. Your leavings had to be gotten rid of by pouring water into the hole MANUALLY. There wasn't a FLUSH!!!!!
4. There wasn't a sink! Washing of hands was done with your own bottled water/hand sanitiser (yes some people brought those), or you could take a chance with the gross stagnant troughs of water outside ><
5. It stunk to the heavens above. Though I must admit, not as badly as the aforementioned rest stops in JB.
At night british khanh, felix and I did some robot dancing haha.
We did a small skit on the third day that was FUNNYYY! We had katrina imply she'd peed in a cup (something she was quite eager to do for real ><) and snuck out of the toilet pretending it was applejuice hahaha and we dramatised my whipping of everyone for raft-building and hanh's suffering for the ball rope circle thing and how katrina thought the sleepingbag blankets we got were PILLOWS! And we had like a grand finale with a musical number haha. Just a short made up verse to the tune of Wouldn't It Be Nice! Which is one of the things I was singing alot of haha.
Wouldn't it be nice if this trek were over?
Wouldn't it be nice if we were home?
There aren't any leeches in hochiminh city,
I have to buy new shoes when I get home!
Haha cute eh! Incidentally them peepz think I sing good! And it warms my heart when they tell towerkhanh to shut up whenever he sings and go unsettlingly quiet when I sing hahaha.
Like on the last morning felix and I had our arms around each other's shoulders and were swaying and singing along to brighter than sunshine by aqualung. That song is timeless, me tells you! Muchas amaro. Haha felix and I have a secret handsignal!
Sonam and I have bonded! Like YAY. Haha she was telling arief, ruth and I how she and her friend bought these hoodies from the harvard giftshop and stuck 'didn't quite make it' behind. And we joked how we'd make a hoodie sporting Ho Chi Minh University at the front and like something hilarious I've forgotten at the back, since I kidded how arief would go to hochiminh university and ruth was like, I
think you'll make it hahahaha. We could see arief's ego come crashing down to earth like a meteor!
I feel really bad for long. He and luan sat at the koreanz table on the second day of dinner and the koreanz scattered and tried to squeeze on other tables. Ms anna made them go back and sit there. And from the New Azns table I could see them eating in silence and staring at their food. They left the table as soon as they were done and I could see long with a sad little frown on his face. That must've hurt SO BAD. I don't really understand why everyone's so mean to him! Or, well, I do. But I think that was just TOO FAR. He may be annoying, but he's still human!
Haha we're all like calling robin German now. We called him German Goose whilst playing duck duck goose and everything! Which is tres amusing when you think about goose-stepping. Heehee.
And ms anna started calling me luna lovegood haha. Cos there was one morning where sonam was the Fire Master and I was her Apprentice and we danced and ran around the fire exactly opposite from each other in an effort to appease the fire gods. And also I'm always singing all the time!
Ruth says she thinks it's cool how I always have my own music in my head but she doesn't know the AGGRAVATION that comes with said ability. It takes me an hour to sleep sometimes. :( It's like there's a broken iPod in my head (ie the controls and screen are bust but the music PLAYS ON FOREVER ♥). Or like that song by madonna, the one with lyrics that go, music makes the people come together! Oh I just realised that's the theme my blogskin's about. Beverley made this skin! And like the fact that I downloaded it without prior knowledge that she made it is totally testament to her awesome l33t skinmaking sk33llz. She is a vector ninja.
By the power of grayskull it's only 1015pm viet time and I'm SLEEEEEEEEEEEPY. I better go bathe now before I get too lazy. See y'all around.
domingo, septiembre 09, 2007