the corruption of chia lynn (viernes, 12 de octubre de 2007),
It's 459am and I'm going to muine in a couple hours.
International day was fun. I wore jeans and a vietnam shirt with the red part of the singapore flag in crayon taped over it hahaha. I'm SO ghetto dude.
Charlie's dead performed riiiiiight at the end. That didn't go down too well. I couldn't really hear myself, and when I did, I wasn't distorted enough so you could hear all my minor fingering errors. Which was worsened by the fact that I was using some raffia string as a strap since all of ours seem to have disappeared, and it was waaaaaay too low for me. And dug into my shoulder. And my pick was already whittled down to a smooth curve (I really need to buy some more). And also I was fortunate enough to have the second shortest lead in the history of leads. :(
But other than that we were fine hahahh. Apparently the crowd still loves us and they could hear me at the back. I probably couldn't hear myself cos the feedback speaker broke or something.
I went out for dinner with charlotte and ruth at some chicken rice place. The meat was chewy and the rice wasn't chickenricey enough :( But that was fun anyway.
Then we went back to charlotte's house and did shisha and drank stuff. And I got tipsy again. Arief came for like half an hour and we were all like pimpin' in front of charlotte's mac's camera.
I really don't get the korean need to always take a good picture. In pretty much the same pose. With the white peepz we're just like NGYEEHHHH with the bad photos and whatnot hahahah. They're up on facebook and called the corruption of chia lynn hahahaha. I conked out when I got home (around 11pm) and woke up at like four haha. I think it's ironic how I end up sleeping/waking up earlier when I do stuff like this than when I'm normal.
Yesterday afternoon-evening was a laugh. I MADE bryan stay back after everyone else so we could go over girlfriend and cobra again and again and again since he hadn't bothered to learn it at home himself. And by five he was just like YUHHHHH hahahah.
I think I've taken over for meike in the band discipline department haha! Like I'm mostly the one going, OKAY C'MON GUYS LETS START. And like I give evil death glares to the people who screw up during the song hahah. Quite funny they're all just like, don't look at me like that! :( hahahaha. Yeah I'm cool.
So ya I'm going to muine today with the asians and robin. I'm going to bring (and use) sunscreen cos I don't want to look old before my time! Blackness doesn't matter as much.
I think it's quite funny how I segregate all my friends into western/asian sections. And like the group you're in depends on where you were brought up and how. Like I count charlotte and arief as white. And meike is a yellowish white since she's spent half her life in thailand and can thus blend in almost seamlessly with us.
And it's pretty interesante to see how much I've changed since I got here. Like nowadays I'm listening more and more to dancey beaty songs like The Way I R and that express yourself song on gta. And like emo-ish stuff that felix likes. No longer am I limited to indie classified music. Now I listen to anything with a nice riff :)
viernes, octubre 12, 2007