image
hey mister, she's my sister (sábado, 29 de marzo de 2008),

So I got my IGCSE cert a week or two back. MY IGCSE SPORTS SCIENCE GRADE IS SHOWING!!!! NOOOOOOO!! In case you loyal readers have forgotten (all three of you), I scored a shameful D for pe. Heehee. I can almost imagine my future employers looking through my IGCSE certificate going," Good, good, excellent, good... Wait. What's this? A D?!?!!? YOU SHAN'T WORK AT MCDONALD'S FOR AS LONG AS I'M IN CHARGE!" :(

In english A1 we're starting on our world lit 1s. I decided, after lots of trouble, on "Justice Vs. Ethics: Which of the 2 is of greater importance in the lives of the characters in 'Antigone' and 'Death and the Maiden'?".
"Why trouble," you may ask. Well you see, back on day 1 of question-forming, I was planning on stealing "A beautiful death: How has this concept shaped the events of 'Hedda Gabler' and 'Antigone'?" from the list on the board, and being the l33t question-maker and helpful friend I am, I offered to find a question for Arief, too. I came up with a couple ideas, with him leaning towards "Ethics Vs Duty". Except I now preferred that question to the beautiful death one too.
So the beginning of the following english block consisted of us avoiding eye contact and being silent and stubborn, before I came up with another question: "Fate Vs Freedom: To what extent do Creon and Hedda really control their own lives?". Arief almost immediately voted to give me Ethics vs Duty and take on Fate vs Freedom, and at first, I was thankful. I even gave him a grateful hug.
But then, thinking about it, I found myself wanting Fate vs Freedom!!!! I was feeling horribly conflicted. To ask Arief for it or to continue with Ethics vs Duty? In the end, I decided to let him have it. I'd already stolen 2 questions from him, and though I haven't really been giving him that great a friendship point value recently, I didn't think it'd be fair to switch on him AGAIN. And besides, that Ethics Vs Duty question really is quite good already, methinks!
So yeah, I distilled Ethics vs Duty into Justice vs Ethics with the help of Jacky and Christian. :)



Last friday, I took part in the BIS Ib Art exhibition :) The exhibition was actually the yr13's final examination, but since there are only 2 IB yr2 Art students, mr R decided to put us yr12's in the show also to buff it up. It wasn't half bad. We wore pretty dresses and afterwards went to a peking duck restaurant for Katrina's birthday dinner.
Unfortunately, the dinner didn't go fantastically well. No one at my table was really conversing much. I was happily talking to hanh and christian, who were sitting next to me, but after about half an hour of that depressing atmosphere, I was feeling rather reticent myself. The food was nothing special. It wasn't even above average for a dimsum/chinese place. Yeebo has better siewmai for CHEAPER.
After dinner, charlotte, ruth, khanh che, felix, da eun and I went to juice (which was CLOSED!!!!!!), then to gloria jeans for awhile, then we cabbed to my's house to steal some soju/assorted alco. Though by the time we got there they'd finished everything but the heineken hahaah. Da eun was mighty depressed! Since we both dislike beer.
Then we left for some club near diamond/parkson called err something in french. Then to volcano. Ironically, I remained sober while khanh che and da eun got sloshed. So I took them back to my's in another taxi, which was itself quite a traumatic ordeal for me. About five minutes into the ride, I realised we hadn't told the driver my's address, and we didn't know my's address! o_O So I took da eun's phone and tried to call my, before realising HER PHONE WAS IN KOREAN. EVEN THE CONTACT NAMES. So I made her call my, but she didn't pick up. Then I made her call seolye, who also didn't pick up! By now I was getting quite worried. Khanh che was giggling to himself and telling da eun and I how robin was an idiot for telling him not to take of his clothes at the club (he has hidden exhibitionist/nudist tendencies) and da eun was sleeping. Though by a stroke of luck I managed to reach max, who told the driver where to go.
Sleeping over at my's house was the highlight of my evening. Some of us were sitting around part of her balcony garden, talking :) And the next morning we watched part of the truman show on HBO haha. That's about it. Oh here's an ADORABLE picture of hanh!!!

She's so adorable isn't she! You just can't help but love her :)

Guess which butt belongs to me (hint: the one with the brightly coloured boxers)

I'm mighty proud that up till that exhibition friday, I'd been sober for a month and a half! :) And nowadays I don't feel like drinking/going out :)) Guess I won't die from liver failure after all, hoho.

sábado, marzo 29, 2008