why do we love when she's mean? (jueves, 10 de abril de 2008),
I think I've stated this before, but, you know, for posterity's sake, here it is in print:
I am unperturbed about being poor when I'm older.Settling on the whole artistic branch of occupation helped with my acceptance, I guess. I've always known only a small percentage ever Make It Big. Why else would the whole bohemian subculture EXIST? Plus, I wouldn't even be a designer! I decided to avoid the whole design thang 'cause I wanted to get away from any kind of structured process I might have to work by.
And back then I was open to a lot more possibilities. CEO? Surgeon (I like to cut things)? Disc jockey? Anything's possible (for a Possible)!
Reach for the stars, and all that jazz. It took me awhile to figure out I'm not cut out for most things. I have as much business sense as a raccoon! I can't retain half the information on all the myriad bits and bobs of the body I'd be required to! ...Okay actually I still think becoming a DJ's kind of plausible. I can probably even pull off the pseudo-american twang 98.7 DJs are so fond of. Scratch probably, I CAN!
Okay I guess that could be my supplementary income. I bet they earn a pittance though! Or hey, maybe I could be a VJ. I'm not hideous or anything. And I'm not thaaaaat short! I could just like, permanently be in 6-inch stilettos hahaha.
I feel moving to 'nam has changed me quite a bit! I feel more mature and everything. I'm doing better academically and I've interesting friends and I've learnt to empathise with the Obstinately Sinful (Though from another perspective you might say that's
bad) and I've (kind of) come to terms with some of the less sparkly aspects of myself. It looks like suddenly being exposed to so much vice has caused a dip in my spiritual life, but I actually think my faith isn't so blind and ignorant anymore. I've totally gotten prettier, too, heehee!
And on the flipside, I've become more of a bitch (though I'm totally trying to change) and I'm now slightly more morally ambiguous.
You know, I think that's quite a decent trade-off, actually. 'Specially since I'm working at being less of a meanie! And hey, I still know what's right and wrong. In the eyes of God. Mostly. Heh heh.
I have a feeling I wouldn't have changed as much/would've changed in different ways if I had remained in Singapore back in '06. Reflecting on the possiblities is funny. I might have gone to NAFA/la salle! I might have become more obnoxious/irksome! I might still be dressing like a hobo (more than I am now)! I might have become more of a lian (hhhokay unlikely)! I might still be tight with hingying and the dancers :)
Omg you know, thinking about my schoolwork/grades back in sec 3, I think I would've done squelchingly badly for the singapore O's hahaha. I used to sleep in class ALL THE TIME. My class nickname was like, SLEEPING BEAUTY hahah! I probably would've gotten like, >20 or something! Though the last I checked, the art schools of singapore didn't put much stock in grades :) So I guess it wouldn't have affected me that much anyway.
OMGWTFBBQ I JUST REALISED. Staying in singapore = no cartoon channels = NO AWARENESS OF KIM POSSIBLE AND SHEGO AND THE TEEN TITANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111oneone!!!!eleventy-one111 What a hellish existence that would've been! Thank goodness such a complete distaster was averted in time.
I'm a little regretful my friendship with the dancers and hings (mostly felicia and hings) deteriorated THAT QUICKLY. Sure, we're still friendly, but we never talk now. With felicia at least we used to IM each other about once a month for a life update, but she no longer has time for me. I feel abit left behind :((((
Though I shouldn't be surprised la. They're starting poly soon after all. And I'd always say I expected as much back then. It's just, I consider them more important now than I did back then. Wow I just realised, I had a cold, cold heart back then. Or maybe I was just so used to them that I took them for granted :(
Wow I totally went off on a tangent there hahahha. Or two. Or three.
Ahh but it's okay, it's not like I had a definite point or anything! :) Heehee this has totally just proven I'm not journalist material. Yet another future career to strike off my list!
Nick IMed me yesterday. He thinks I'm hot yayyy!!! Apparently anita thinks so too, though she also insists I'm retarded, so the joy isn't as ego-lifting there. I'm not retarded, I'm just special. HAHA
I don't know if she's the one that's changed, or I am :( Or maybe we both have, and though by themselves the changes aren't horrifically personality-shifting, added together, they have caused too wide a rift between us.
Dude I bet none of you would've guessed I'd turn out to be so much better looking than the primary school/early-secondary school me promised to bloom into, huh! Thank the heavens for that one ><
I'm trying to register for the june SATs now. My stupid school isn't registered with collegeboard! Gah! And now none of the international schools in saigon are showing up on the test centre list. GRRRRRR. Have they all been booked up ALREADY?! It isn't even the end of april yet and all the hcm places have been BOOKED??!!?!? Kiasu bitches :(
I am sleepy and disgruntled. Bye, chenting!

GAHAHAHAHAHA
jueves, abril 10, 2008