brevity is the soul of wit? (sábado, 2 de agosto de 2008),
Okay it's kinda 424am and I have church tomorrow, so I shall be brief:
1. I don't think proficient English-speakers have the right to mock those that are inept at the language. They're probably good at some other language (like Spanish, or Chinese).
1a. I want a mainlander Chinese accent for my Chinese! Hahahah
2. Why does everyone insult Meixuan? Seriously. There's nothing wrong with being mainstream or really Chinesey. And anyway, guys who insult girls only ever come off as assholes.
3. I went to Festival of Praise with the hingying and the dancers last night. The lesson was fantastic! The dude spoke on
being responsible for your thoughts and actions, 'cause at the end of the day, your actions define you. I was rather uncomfortable with the speaking in tongues and the rock-ness of the bands though.
4. I just took a look at my old nohari window, and it's finally sunk in: I AM AN INSENSITIVE, SELFISH, CHILDISH, IMPATIENT, INATTENTIVE BIATCH :( I am taking steps to improve already, though, so that's good.
5. I made a new
johari window, to see how much I've changed! Write something in it, y'all. I'll make a new nohari one when I'm certain the areas I'm amending are... amended.
6. Zia and I are discussing Islam, Christianity, stupid English language rules and good music. I enjoy IMing Zia.
7. I just visited
carren's blog, and now I have a great quote by her: "But the Lord's strength is made perfect in weakness, and I think I fit that category to a T." Aaw1 :)
8. I shall marry a Christian.
9. To attract said Christian, I shall strive to be a nicer person.
10. Y'all, I think I've made some progress in my quest to be a decent human being/Christian! Agree?
sábado, agosto 02, 2008