image
feliz compleaños, chris (lunes, 3 de noviembre de 2008),

Twas Christian's birthday today! She brought delicious self-baked birthday brownies for all. THEY WERE SO GOOD. She passed Da Eun and I a single square ('cause we weren't in the common room when she cut it) in the canteen while we were waiting for SuYeon to buy a drink and we were so bent over it and eating it that we didn't even notice SuYeon leave ahah. We looked up at the buying area, noticed the conspicuous absence of Korean, and were like, "Where'd she go?"

La Fiesta de Charlotte, Ruth, Khanh y Robin is this saturday ohohohho can't wait. I hope the pmbuddies are coming also! We've been stressing to them since two weeks ago that they won't be forced drinks or E or anything, because I have cool friends that aren't into peer pressure ahaha.

Anyway, on Halloween, I went pseudo-trick or treating with Khanh, Arief and Felix! We kinda just walked around BP. I was a fireman! With my coolio toy hat and the cardboard axe I made and baggy black pants and the waterproof sweater I bought for last year's Dalat trip with 'FDVN' (fire dept viet nam haha) taped to the back in yellow.
We got bored of walking around real fast, so we ended up at Felix's place with Da Eun and Maya, eating pizza and watching scary movies. Felix was my scare-buddy! I.e. he was the one whose arm/hand I squeezed during SHOCK scenes haha. It amuses me how he calls me hermana while I call him Herman.
Khanh gave me a lift on his bike to home afterwards so I was the first to wish him 'Happy Birthday!' and give him a customary birthday hug. :)))

And I had the SATs the next day at freaking SSIS (1 hour away from anphu):. I was late! But luckily they were still in the midst of writing down personal details.
Omg it didn't go well ahaha! I ran out of time before I could put a concluding paragraph on my essay and I left 3 questions off the last math section :( and 1 or 2 more blanks scattered throughout. I am shamed. FOREVER SHAMEEEEED!!!!!
'Tis fortuitious that I am going to art school, where what makes or breaks admissions is your portfolio. Or, wait, no, that's quite bad also; I got me a tiny portfolio :( But, yeah, the point is I won't have to redo even if I do shittily, because I'm pretty sure I'm going to pass. (Watch as all my talk about working hard for things swirls down the drainage hole of reality!)
Anyway, after that depressing test, I went to Da Eun's house to hang with MEIKEEEE YAY!!!!!! She came to saigon for the weekend! :)))) She's still squishy and warm and nice to cuddle up to, but she no longer smells like vanilla and cookie dough 'cause she lost her perfume and had to get a new scent :( Pshaw.

And today the ineffable importance of sleep has finally registered. We were doing differentiation of powered things during math today, and I hadn't slept a wink the night before. Not because I had work mind you... I stayed up all night to play fallout 2. -_-' FOOL GIRL! And so, because I was so groggy, I had trouble understanding it! And I felt totally stupid. And feeling totally stupid isn't a fun feeling at all. It brought back horrible memories of many a strained math class with Mr. Peter. And I know I wasn't getting things for lack of sleep because I took a little nap during break and when we got back to math class I was up to 64% mental power and doing the questions faster.
And that is why I have gone back to my usual school sleeping schedule of sleeping at 4 to 6pm and waking up at midnight, and then starting work. So then I am ensured 6 to 8 hours of sleep with ample time for work-finishing, rather than dawdling until midnight and starting work then and getting like 2 hours of rest at 5am after frantically rushing through bio experiment designs (which is what would happen 'cause I only ever start work at the witching hour).

lunes, noviembre 03, 2008