image
Sonnet XI (viernes, 16 de enero de 2009),

I just spent most of the school week sleeping over at Nishiki's with some other pmbuddies. and by 'sleeping over', I mean 'staying up all night and working'. Okay, I lie. Sometimes, I slept at 4.
JUST TWO MORE PAPERS TO GOOOO! The biology options paper and math paper 2 are on monday. And then it's studio art till after trips week :) And maybe I will be able to close my eyes at night without worrying about how the hell I'm going to remember porter's damned generic strategies (cost leadership, differentiation, focus) or how a dog crapped by a lamppost (Duffy's Psychopath). But look what I've managed to memorise:

I crave your mouth, your voice, your hair.
Silent and starving, I prowl through the streets.
Bread does not nourish me, dawn disrupts me, all day
I hunt for the liquid measure of your steps.

I hunger for your sleek laugh,
your hands the colour of a savage harvest,
hunger for the pale stones of your fingernails,
I want to eat your skin like a whole almond.

I want to eat the sunbeam flaring in your lovely body,
the sovereign nose of your arrogant face,
I want to eat the fleeting shade of your lashes,

and I pace around hungry, sniffing the twilight,
hunting for you, for your hot heart,
like a puma in the barrens of Quitratue.

'Tis my favourite Nerudan sonnet. I plan to remember it always! Haha and during the exam, Mr Dave saw that I had written it on the back of the question paper. He did a double take and mouthed, "You MEMORISED it?!"

OMGOGMOGMGOMGG I GOT A PHONE, btw. It's a nokia 6600! It's beautiful and sleek and heavy and it has colour and NO MESSAGE LIMIT and the battery's lasted for two whole days and counting! And if you've seen my old phone, you'll know why I'm so excited about what seem like standard mobile features. ><

viernes, enero 16, 2009