I dream like a freaky... freak... thing (domingo, 22 de marzo de 2009),
I had the coolest dream last night. I was a red-haired white guy (resembling the dude in the 'Death' issue of Endless Nights) with a key that could turn any door into a portal. Sort of like that scifi series starring Elle Fanning, but cooler, because instead of opening into a creepy room that resets whenever you enter it, my key opens into a short (think a little less than a metre) corridor and then the other door.
So I was jollying around as this guy, right, and then my roommate (or some girl whom I was close to) tells me that my girlfriend's in trouble at her apartment in Norway or some other cold European country and urges me to hurry. So then I open the nearest door (of the painted white French variety with the windows) and go through into the apartment. The camera turns all warm with red and browns and gentle yellowish light and dark windows (like you'd see in a christmas special), and it'd all be very cosy... if not for the ankle-deep water lapping at my feet. My girlfriend's roommate, standing around on my right next to a few unconscious people, tells me she's trapped upstairs. The flooding situation's even worse upstairs; the water's about knee-high now (yes, I know that's physically impossible). The lights are also sputtering and colder. I find her, and I carry her bridal-style down the stairs. I get the feeling something's amiss as I look at one of the 'unconscious people lying facedown in the water in front of the stairs. They're all a liiiiittle too pale. So as I walk towards the French portal door, I quip to my boo's roommate, "So how many enemies have you got holed up in here?" and rush through. My roommate and I wait on our side of the world for a minute, just staring at the doors and feeling lucky, when my girlfriend's roommate crashes against the door accompanied by a ferocious wave of water and an unholy scream (she doesn't break through though, thankfully).
...Aaaand then my mother wakes me up for oklahoma practice. :/
SUCH a good idea for a comic, don't you think! I'm just not going to think about the implications of dreaming that I'm a red-haired guy for the second time in my life o_O (the first time being the bee dream where I was evil and had a 'stache)
domingo, marzo 22, 2009