to love another person is to see the face of God (domingo, 26 de abril de 2009),
Music from Skins that I still need to get:
Millionaires - Alcohol
Wilco - Radio Cure
Awesomeness. And Freddie and Effy are
beautiful.
I stayed over at Da Eun's on friday. The funniest thing happened the next morning. Her dad gave her a letter from parsons offering her a dean's scholarship of $5000 :))))) They'd sent it days before she rejected them and she only just got it! Stupid inefficient postal service. She was trippin' at first, but then decided it was all good 'cause it wasn't the cost that made her choose CSM over parsons. And anyway, she can still go around telling people they offered one! :D
I'm just glad she's still going to London with me. It's easier to settle in when you know you've already got
one friend there :)
You might not believe this, but I'm actually listening to Demi Lovato now. As in, she's on my freaking iPod! Something from
Disney is in my iPod!!!!111one1111!!!eleventy-one1 It's only one song (Don't Forget, which is awesomely catchy), but you just
know these things grow out of control :S I quite respect her as a singer, though. The girl really can sing! I watched a clip on youtube of her belting (without tech help) America's anthem before some sports game. I am soooo impressed.
And okay, fine, I admit to two songs from Miley Cyrus as well. WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME ;ALKSJFA;HA;WEHTADLKJF
So everyone's probably heard about Susan Boyle. Grace showed me her Britain's Got Talent stint when I slept over. It made me tear and sniffle! (and that amanda judge is sooo pretty! but that's another story) But then after a week or so thinking about it (and hearing Patti Lupone's original), I realised that she isn't that fantastic of a singer. Good, yes, but nothing compared to the women strutting through Broadway or Westend. I think she's gotten such a OMFG response partially because people feel bad about judging her before she sang. Or as Michelley so succinctly put it, "superficial unsuperficiality". Oh but I saw a picture of her recently. She got a makeover, apparently, and looks like a stylish old lady :)
¡Y ahora creo que Patti Lupone es increible! Her voice swells and thickens with emotion when appropriate and it's just soooo sublime. And she's aged really gracefully :)
So! Not much improvement on the revising front. And I've kind of screwed over my circadian rhythms I think. I sleep all day for more than 12 hours now :/ Someone please help me with the revising! I'm getting kind of worried (though not worried enough to actually get of my butt and go through business).
Recognition by Carol Ann DuffyThings get away from one.
I've let myself go, I know.
Children? I've had three
and don't even know them.
I strain to remember a time
when my body felt lighter.
Years. My face is swollen
with regrets. I put powder on,
but it flakes off. I love him,
through habit, but the proof
has evaporated. He gets upset.
I tried to do all the essentials
on one trip. Foolish, yes,
but I was weepy all morning.
Quiche. A blond boy swung me up
in his arms and promised the earth.
You see, this came back to me
as I stood on the scales.
I wept. Shallots. In the window,
creamy ladies hold a pose
which left me clogged and old.
The waste. I'd forgotten my purse,
fumbled; the shopgirl gaped at me,
compassionless. Claret. I blushed.
Cheese. Kleenex.
It did happen.I lay in my slip on wet grass
laughing. Years. I had to rush out,
blind in a hot flash, and bumped
into an anxious, dowdy matron
who touched the cold mirror
and stared at me. Stared
and said I'm sorry sorry sorry.
domingo, abril 26, 2009