on mission trips (jueves, 10 de septiembre de 2009),
The scariest thing
would be coming back unchanged
and still a heathen.
In other news, I'm doing pretty well :) I've managed to shed the unfriendly scowl-y persona I adopted in the hallways of BIS in favour of one more smiley and kooky and approachable. I even strike up conversations with people sometimes! Which must mean I'm a lot more comfortable with myself than I used to be :)
The work is straightforward, but labour-intensive. We are expected to spend at least 4 hours outside of class on each course every week, but you usually end up spending more. Most of my teachers know who I am/am aware that I exist simply because I'm usually the only asian person in the class :P And everyone remembers my name because it's so cool: Chillin' :D
I even found a friend to sit next to in Writing&Lit and ArtHistory :) His name's Emile and he's 24 and very well-travelled.
It's strange, but I find myself befriending a lot more guys than girls. "But what's so strange about that, chiazzz?!?" you may ask. Welllllll just the fact that prior to DCAD, I rarely hung out with guys (not counting Adrian and Marcus). And now? I am on tickling/poking/making-funny-faces basis with Dmitri, I sit next to Emile in 2/5 of my classes, Alex talks to me whenever we bump into each other, Emile texts/facebook chats with me, I joke around with Andy (or Dmitri or Isaac) during the boring parts of Drawing I... I have more guy friends than girl friends! o_O
I spent the labour day weekend at Hannah's. Her extended family came also :) The other kids are enamoured with my name. My time there was peppered with many spontaneous cries of "Chillin' Kwa!" and "dude seriously your name is so cool." And I am now also on tickling/poking/making faces basis with Emmett :)
Etiquetas: thoughts
jueves, septiembre 10, 2009